What is a pregnancy pillow?
The arrival of a baby in the family brings in a hell of a lot of excitement along with the bodily aches and pains for the mother-to-be. Pregnancy is a transformative time, most noticeably being your body changing as it progresses, you may find sleeping difficult, especially in the later trimesters.
You get exhausted and look forward to a good night’s sleep to rejuvenate for the next day but when you crawl into bed your ever-growing bump is right there creating a wedge between you and your required sleep. At the same time, your baby needs all the care and nourishment you can offer while they’re growing inside of you but they also need that same level of care from the outside.
Normal mattresses aren’t designed to provide the comfort or support you need while pregnant, not to mention it’s pretty difficult to control your sleeping positions while you’re asleep. That’s where a pregnancy pillow comes in
the pregnancy pillow is actually engineered to ease the discomfort of pregnancy and cradle you off to
dreamland along with supporting the changing curves of your body throughout your
pregnancy and it offers support for various safe sleeping positions.
Benefits of pregnancy pillow
You should start using it whenever you find it difficult to sleep though it’s best by the 20 weeks. Your goal while sleeping is to maintain your spine’s natural alignment. It supports your :
• Neck. It keeps the natural curve of your spine so that you don’t wake up with a strained neck
• Shoulders. It is especially important while side-sleeping because you don’t want extra pressure on your shoulders
• Belly. It supports your belly helps prevent the weight of your uterus from tugging on your abdomen and back or causing one side of your torso to bend unnaturally
• Lower back. Your spine is crucial, which is they are designed long and in a
U shape to support both the front and back of your body.• Knees and ankles. They keep your knees and ankles at about the same height, helping to reduce swelling. The pillow should also keep your legs aligned without your hips tilting or your spine twisting
How to choose a perfect pregnancy pillow?
Different types of pregnancy pillows will provide support and comfort to different areas of your body, so analyze your specific needs when choosing
Some of the main points are,
• Size: Here are some questions that will help you determine.
a. Where will you be sleeping?
b. How big is your bed?
c. Do other people sleep in the bed with you?
d. Do you have room to store it when you’re not using it?
e. Will you be traveling with it?
• Shape: Some pillows are designed for overall use, while some support a specific area, choose as you feel would be comfortable
• Filling: There are a lot of fillings out there:
a. Memory foam
b. Polyester fibers
c. Air (inflated)
f. Kapok fibers (seed pod fluff from a rainforest tree)
• Fabric: Some pillows come with removable covers and fabrics such as cotton, organic cotton, jersey knit, polyester knit, and velour. Always check the cleaning instructions, machine washable and dryer friendly
• Durable: It should be durable enough to keep its shape after weight is placed on it night after night.
what is the best pregnancy pillow?
Listen, It depends on you. every pregnant woman will have a different posture. what suits me doesn’t suit you. trail and error method will help you to adopt the best pregnancy pillow. wait no worries we have listed out few different types of pregnancy pillow for you. go through below and choose the best one for you
1. C-SHAPED PILLOW
It offers the most coverage and supports every part of your body. It takes up a lot of space on the bed but it replaces the need for other pillows. It can be rolled up and easily stored in its carrying case.
Check the Price in Amazon – Visit Here
2. FULL BODY PILLOW
If you’re looking to save since you won’t be using the pillow for long, this one gives you full-body support at a lower price. It’s entirely made of polyester, which helps keep the cost down.
3. U-SHAPED PILLOW
The cover is removable and machine washable. It on top of being popular by thousands of real moms who loved it during pregnancy. The downside is that it’s more expensive than other pillows.
4. WEDGE PILLOW
Whether you’re traveling, tight on space in bed, or just need support in one area, this will help support the weight of your bump without taking up too much room. The small size also makes it less expensive and it can also be used on your lower back.
5. SIDE SLEEPER
It supports your bump and back. It’s ideal for anyone that typically sleeps on their stomach or back because it keeps you in a side-sleeping position. It’s also good for postpartum use too. The two sides are connected so you don’t have to worry about the pillows slipping out, and it has a one-piece cover that’s soft and removable for machine washing.
If you’re desperate for some time on your tummy, it lets you rest without pressure on your bump or chest. Cut-outs at the belly, bust, and face keep pressure off these parts of your body.
It works just like an inflatable mattress with a valve for letting air in and out and has a reversible design with two different sizes for your growing bump. You can also use it for prenatal massages, exercise, or as a pool float.
- Best Pregnancy Body Pillow For Pregnant Women. Cozy Bump Is A Pregnancy Pillow That Pregnancy Mothers Are Using As A Stomach Sleeping Pillow
- RELIEVES BACK PAIN – The decline in the leg section helps decompress the lower back which is why Cozy Bump can be the best Pregnancy Gifts For Women.
Check The Price in Amazon – Visit Here
- PREGNANCY SLEEPING – Cozy Bump is best among the pregnancy pillows and maternity pillows, as it’s made of 100% cotton and comfortable for a better sleep throughout your pregnancy.
- HELPS REDUCE C-SECTIONS & PAINFUL LABOR – Research Shows Laying On The Belly With Raised Hips & Lowered Legs Helps Move The Baby To The Optimal Birthing Position (Head Down) The Cozy Bump Pregnancy Body Pillow helps put the mother in that same position because its a stomach sleeping pillow.
- Prone Pregnancy Pillow – This prone pillow has health benefits because when lying on your stomach your lungs are able to expand and take in more air. Allowing more air into the lungs helps them to fight off infections. This is why this is the number one prone pregnancy pillow.
7. BODY PILLOW
This isn’t marketed as pregnancy-specific, but it’s still a great option because it can support your head, bump, and knees. It has a fill that’s a mix of memory foam pieces and microfiber clusters so you get a supportive yet lofty feel. It also comes with extra stuffing that you can add or remove at home to get your perfect pillow height. It’s pricier than others but it’s a worthwhile investment.
8. MULTIFUNCTIONAL PILLOW
Most of these pillows claim they can be used as breastfeeding pillows but most don’t stay in place when you curl them up. This one’s unique because it has a clasp at the end to keep it together, so it can be used as an infant lounger or lap pillow to feed your newborn.
9. PORTABLE PILLOW FOR SITTING
Since you’re likely to get back pain, it can be helpful to have a supportive pillow for your chair as well. This can be used at your desk, on your sofa, or in your car and even has an insert to hold a hot or cold pack for pain relief. It has memory foam so you get good pressure relief, and the cover is machine washable so it’s easy to keep clean. The size is small enough to fit into a tote bag, though it’s pricier than other pillows. Hence, choose a pillow based on where you feel achiest.